Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Seeking Daddy Project Day 22: The more I see.

Today has been one full of reading, of thinking, and yes, even of praying.  I have quite a bit that I'm turning over and over in my mind and heart tonight.  I don't have much extra mental energy tonight, but I thought I'd share one of my favorite Lizzie Bennet quotes from Pride and Prejudice - one that I find scrolling through my thoughts quite often as I get older:

“There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.” 

Jane Austen is the wittiest and sharpest writer I've ever read; she's also, often, the most un-apologetically truthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment