Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Seeking Daddy Project Day 11: My sick puppy.

Last night, I came home from work to find that Lottie had gotten sick and had accidents all throughout our house.  That's the reason my post last night was so short:  I spent most of the evening cleaning up the rather unpleasant messes she'd left and also continuing to take her outside.

Around 5:30 in the morning, after we'd been up every hour (before bed, at midnight, at 1:08, 2:23, 3:40, and so on), she was a very unhappy little girl - trembling and pacing, her tail down, her big brown eyes looking at me as if to ask, "What's wrong with me, Mommy?"  She sat up in bed, restless, staring into space as her tummy gurgled and lurched.

I had to make the call - I'd either have to cover my house with blankets and towels and leave her there all day, sick; or stay home with her and take her to the vet.

I chose the latter.

This afternoon, looking pitiful.

Thankfully, our vet is wonderful and after a dosage of fluids and antibiotics, we're home and she'll be fine.

Last night, though, was miserable.  Lottie getting sick is way worse for me than getting sick myself.  I just kept thinking, "If only I could get sick for her."  She's just a little dog.  She didn't understand what was happening.  I'd have given anything to be able to have the sickness affect me and not her, to let her sleep peacefully and not be trembling and scared and whimpering.

I'd have done anything to take it from her - even if it meant being sick myself.

Is that what Jesus did for us?

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. -Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment