Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Seeking Daddy Project Day 37: Precious Lord, take my hand.

I've had a rough day, and to be honest I'm only awake now because Lottie hasn't eaten all day long and I finally coerced her into eating the food I put out for her this afternoon by adding some treats on top.  She's in the kitchen, finally munching away at almost midnight. It's been a difficult day for both of us, because she feels very keenly whatever I'm feeling.  She's been by my side all throughout the day today.

All I can offer tonight are lyrics from one of my most favorite hymns, which right now keep rolling over and over in my mind and heart.

Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on,
Let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.

I'd ask for prayer tonight, please - for clarity, for comfort, and to be able to get back to who I know I am - the girl I've felt estranged from for so long now.

Thank you, friends.  Your prayers, your support, and the fact that you read this blog all mean so much more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment