Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Seeking Daddy Project Day 43: What are miracles made of?

What are miracles made of?

So many times in my life, I have been at the end of my rope.  The end of the line. 11:59.  Down to the wire.  This is it, folks.

I needed a miracle.

So many times, I've felt like God was silent.

So many times, I've felt like I was staring into the blackness of a vacuum, a canyon of nothingness.

So many times, I've felt completely hopeless. 

So many times, I've lain in my bed in the dark, staring up at the ceiling, tears streaking down my face, begging God to do something.

"Please help me, Daddy.  Please.  Rescue me.  Please."


And so many times, He has answered.  Every time, in fact.

It's never been the same way.  In fact, He has answered in different ways in each circumstance.

And most of those times, it's through someone else.

I think that often, we focus on God above and Jesus on the cross and forget about the Holy Spirit.  We forget that the Spirit of the Lord in each and every one of us is the exact same Spirit that we pray to every day, the exact same Spirit who died for us.

It's the exact same Spirit who saves us.

Miracles are God in us. When we let the Holy Spirit do its work, He does miracles through us.

I've been humbled recently; given grace I don't deserve and patience I haven't earned.  I've been shown such depth of love, generosity of spirit, and direct evidence of God's selfless grace that it has not only answered my fervent prayers but has acted as a more powerful witness to my cracked and crumbling spirit than I have ever experienced before in my life.

There's nothing like being evangelized by seeing God working through people who care about you to just completely refresh and revitalize your heart.

I haven't been to church in months.  I haven't listened to a sermon in nearly as long.  I've barely prayed, barely spent time in the Word, and often felt justified in my anger and rebelliousness.  Foolishly, I might add.  All of this ridiculous behavior has been to my own detriment.

But this - this love, this grace, this generosity and selflessness - I cannot ignore or push away.  I can only beg forgiveness and try to be the kind of blessing and show the same kind of love to others that I have been shown for all the rest of my days.

That's what miracles are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment