Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Seeking Daddy Project Day 40: Windy.

As the weather warms during early spring, Raleigh gets a lot of storms. Tonight, a severe thunderstorm rolled in suddenly, transforming the lovely sunny afternoon into a dark, turbulent evening. It came on so quickly that I had to pull off to the side of the interstate on my way home from work because I couldn't see a foot in front of me for the sheets of rain that pounded down on my windshield.

When I took Lottie out for her before-bed bathroom trip just now, the rain had subsided, but it still felt ominous. The storm hung in the air. The wind howled and rolled around behind the houses in our subdivision, tilting trees and shifting the senses. Groaning and whistling, it felt like something foreboding was whisking all around us. Whispering. Scheming. Warning.

I feel that way, too. Something is changing...something has already changed. My spirit is different, lurching against itself, straining against the walls of its old shape, trying to make sense of who it is now.

I can only hope it's for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment